The holiday season is full of good times, family bonding and lots and lots of food. If you're anything like our family, you may end up doing Thanksgiving meals multiple times to see all the extended family. Keep things fresh and fun this year with a few unexpected twists on some classic favorites.
We've rounded up Six Traditional Thanksgiving Dishes with an Unexpected Twist that you may just end up incorporating into your everyday cookbook!
1. In our house, we're lucky if the Deviled Eggs make it to the table. The boys can't help but snatch them up while everyone's finishing off the cooking. This year, load up the fun with these Loaded Deviled Eggs.
2. Canned Cranberries can be boring, whip up this one pot Apple Cranberry Sauce and watch it steal the show!
3. Mac n Cheese, Please! Macaroni and Cheese is delicious, but not really special for Thanksgiving. Take it up a notch by adding a creamy, Fall veggie in this Cheesy Butternut Squash Pasta from The Recipe Critic.
4. Mashing sweet potatoes can be so time consuming and sweet potato casserole can be so heavy. Lighten things up with these Scalloped Sweet Potatoes.
5. A southern twist on a Thanksgiving necessity.. meet Cornbread Stuffing! Replacing day old bread, with fresh, flavorful cornbread will make everyone fall in love.
6. Ditch the boring Pumpkin Pie and reach for these Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Bars.
Two layers of cheesecake on a delicious cinnamon graham cracker crust all topped with an easy streusel and caramel sauce.. need we say more?!
Do you have any fun family twists on Thanksgiving? We would love to see them on social media!